Cybersecurity Platform Operations Consultant - DataLake Security
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for the planning, design, enforcement and audit of information technology and information security policies, standards and procedures which safeguard the integrity of and access to the Security Data Lake within the Enterprise. This includes managing the deployment of new HDP/HDF Hadoop Clusters that allow access to the files and data elements within the Security Data Lake. This includes the integration of third party SW tools that are used to perform extensive searched queries by the developers, data scientists and architects within the business. These tools require the addition of and synchronizing of users and their data into the Security Data Lake, assigning the correct permissions for their role assignment. Install, upgrade and integrate the following third-party tools ensuring the patches made to the them are performed in accordance of the security standards. The use of these third party tools, like Interset, Firemon, Elasticsearch, Ranger, Kerberos, and LDAP require the consultant to work closely with Network Security, Cyber Fusion Center, Active Directory and Unix admins, as well as the vendors in order to support these work efforts and fix all related issues during on and off hours of operation. During these times, the consultant will be required to automate the monitoring and create the run books for the tools mentioned, implementing high availability for all critical services within the Hadoop Clusters. It will be required for the consultant to troubleshoot issues with the applications and feeds going into the security data lake thru tools like NiFI, Kafka, Spark and Flume which consume and ingest the data into the Hadoop HDFS clusters. In addition, the consultant will be required to work closely with the Health Tech security team to plan future growth for the Hadoop clusters into Azure/AWS which requires ingestion from those environments as well. Identifying the root cause analysis of problems experienced ensuring the proper security measures are adhered to across the Security Data Lake.
Maintains knowledge of changing technologies surrounding new solutions and use of the Maria DB and MySql HA to capture and store the metadata for those services used by Ambari, Hive and Ranger. Provides recommendations for adaptation of new technologies, e.g. Migration to On Premise Azure/AWS Cloud, requiring the use of automated scripting using Shell and Python scripting. Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing information technology or information security standards and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially as a result of future business expansion and technology advances. Provides management with analysis via risk assessments and briefings / reports to advise them of critical information technology / information security issues that may affect the company's business objective. Collaborates with the Enterprise Risk Management team on evaluating and recommendations on the data being accessed with the information security products, services and/or processes to reduce risk and maintain compliance with applicable policies, mandates, laws and regulations. This includes products such as Ranger, Interset and Firemon. Implements the activities associated with these tools to protect the data from unauthorized access. Provide awareness training to other Information security professionals within these spaces. Performs control assessments and works with appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to document remediation plans to ensure proper access is adhered to and authorized. Serves as a project lead and mentor to junior Information Cybersecurity analysts within the Operations area.
Required Job Qualifications:
Essential Functions :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of IT / IS work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, application development, database design and administration of the datalake technologies. Requires understanding of IT / IS concepts and how to artciulate those in terms of risk. Interprets internal or external business issues and concepts and can translate those into IT concepts that must be addressed via policy.
• Experience with IT and Security Data Lake work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Experience with security Data Lake related tools such as Interset, Firemon, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Ranger, Kerberos, AD/LDAP integration with Security Data Lake (Hadoop) for log collection and analysis.
• Experience with planning the capacity, including the HW / SW resources the Health Tech security team requires, surrounding the Security Data Lake applications for implementing the solutions for ingesting the syslogs into the Security Data Lake. This is accomplished by utilizing and supporting the ingestion tools like NIFI, Kafka, Spark and Flume. This could include the use of shell and python scripting which is required when developing monitoring controls for the applications within the Security Data Lake.
• Has a thorough understanding of key IT / IS laws and regulations, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as well as governance and compliance frameworks (e.g. NIST, COBIT, ITIL, HITRUST)
• Understanding of and experience with audit and compliance controls. This could include previous IT auditing experience and / or technical controls implementation, as well as the ability to respond apprpriately to audit and assessment findings.
• Takes initiative and invokes creativity to solve complex problems; takes an "outside -in"perspective to identify innovative solutions as it pertains to identity managemnt principles.
• Collaborates well with individuals across the business and IT within HCSC Network, Health Tech Security, HCSC Infrastructure, as well as at all management levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex concepts to various technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with and understanding of overall Security Datalake concepts utlizing tools such as Ambari 2.6.1/220.127.116.11, HDFS, HDP, HBase, Hive, Yarn, Spark 1.6.3/2, Ranger, Knox, Kerberos, AD, LDAP, Kafka, NiFi, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Firemon, Interset, Azure, AWS, MariaDB, MySQL, Networking, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, and SSL/TLS..
• Provide extended support, 24/7 on call support for applications within The Security Data Lake.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Naperville, IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Back to top