Customer Advocate I
Job ID: PDN-1019873 Description:
Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. Duties include: conducting research; spends approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business need.
- High school diploma OR GED.
- 6 months customer service experience OR 6 months experience in an office environment.
- Data entry and/or typing experience.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills and independent decision making skills.
- Ability to spend approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 9 months customer service experience.
- Experience working with various lines of business, i.e. CDHP, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
You could be asked to take an OnDemand digital video interview using HireVue. An email containing instructions would be sent to you.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Claims & Customer Service Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Danville
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top