Consultant - Internal Consulting Group
This position is responsible for leading and/or supporting a broad array of ad hoc consulting engagements across HCSC to drive strategic, operational, and organizational improvements. Project responsibilities include targeted strategic assessments, solution implementations, and process design and improvement efforts. Responsible for leading workstreams on large, complex projects with limited oversight from project leaders. Responsible for tasks that involve some interaction within the organization, including conducting interviews, facilitating workshops, and presenting findings and results to leadership.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience in one of the following OR Masters Degree and 1 years of experience in one of the following:
1. Combination of corporate/business experience with at least 6 months management consulting firm experience or substantially equivalent role delivering high profile projects within a highly-matrixed organization;
2. Experience delivering process improvement projects at a consulting firm or in a process improvement group within a large organization;
3. Experience in a role within HCSC that resulted in development of significant subject matter expertise in a core business area.
• Experience developing and presenting ideas/recommendations to mid-level management.
• Strong analytical, organizational, outcome oriented, and project management skills.
• Experience communicating effectively including facilitation of group discussions.
• Experience influencing others to achieve objectives within complex and ambiguous situations.
• Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Healthcare and/or Health Insurance experience.
• Strategy consulting experience in a large consulting firm or enterprise
• Analyze business problems using a range of information sources, including stakeholder interviews, focus groups, workshops, direct observation, external research, and available HCSC data.
• Identify alternatives, suggest recommended solutions with supporting rationale, and conduct implementations to improve business performance on internal client engagements.
• Work collaboratively to determine approaches on assignments. Review, lead and mentor the work of others through projects teams. Work autonomously on tasks with nominal guidance.
• Review and lead the preparation of clear, compelling, accurate analyses, presentations, communications and other materials needed to deliver on engagements.
• Coordinate effectively with internal stakeholders on related initiatives to ensure identification of interdependencies and effective implementation
• Act as a valuable strategic thought partner, support complex engagements, and build actionable frameworks for business issues.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Corporate Strategy, Project Management, Regulatory & Compliance, Other Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top