Community Health Coordinator - Government Programs
This position is responsible for contacting members and community partners in assigned areas and is responsible for performing ongoing functions to support the Social Service department. Responsible for contacting identified members to inform and educate them on health care programs, responding to inquiries from members, and supporting the clinicians in the Physical and Behavioral Health Management department with their provider and member activities. This position is also responsible for developing relationships with community partners, working with community leaders and contributing to the design of community health outreach programs. Also assists as needed in identifying local social service resources for members.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree OR 4 years health, social services or community advocacy experience.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Experience coordinating member related needs, providing assistance to members, and analyzing member needs.
• PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications
• Customer service skills
• Verbal and written communications skills including developing written correspondence to members and to other department personnel and coaching skills, including motivational interviewing, to educate members on medical and BH issues.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work
• Community Health Worker (CHW) certification.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Government Programs Job Type Full-Time Regular Location NM - Las Cruces
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Sr. Tooling DevOps Engineer
Aparna coordinates with her team in Chicago as they work to activate a wide range of applications onto newer platforms while acclimating users to the new apps and processes.
Back to top