Clinical Data Science Consultant
Job ID: CP-1018531 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Join Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, New Mexico, Montana, Oklahoma & Texas's growing Provider & Network Data Science team. We're looking for a Clinical Data Science Consultant to develop advanced analytical processes and help us apply innovative machine learning, social network analysis, and data visualization techniques to reduce the cost of medical care for our 15 million members. At the largest customer-owned and not-for-profit health insurer and fourth largest health insurer overall in the United States, you will have the opportunity to work with massive datasets to understand the drivers of medical cost and affect how healthcare is delivered to our members. An ideal candidate would be someone who loves working with data, has a strong learning mindset, an interest in the intersection of healthcare and technology, and an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and 3 years experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, engineering, physics or related quantitative field; OR Masters degree and 2 years experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, engineering, physics or related quantitative field OR Ph.D. and 1 year of experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, engineering, physics or related quantitative field; OR 8 years experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, engineering, physics or related quantitative field.
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL and/or Teradata or other statistical tools/languages.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside / in perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
Preferred Job Qualifications in order of priority:
- Strongly preferred Masters-level degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field, or a bachelor's degree with significant healthcare experience.
- Expertise in using R, Python, or other statistical languages/packages for data analysis and machine learning to solve business problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with non-technical customers.
- Desire and willingness to work with large datasets, including those previously unused for advanced analytics.
- Has experience working with healthcare data, or possesses strong understanding of the healthcare system.
- Proficiency with tools and languages for working with unstructured data, including text and image data.
- Proficiency with tools and languages for data visualization and social network analysis
- Proficiency with Tableau or other business intelligence tools.
This position is located in Chicago, IL.
Sponsorship is not provided at this time.
Requirements: Expertise Actuarial, Analytics & Reporting, General Health Care Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top