Business Solutions Consultant
Job ID: EG-1019148 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for analyzing the complex business problems being addressed by product, member, provider, regulatory and enterprise strategies, and new business cases and developing solutions for clients. Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Defines client needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project. May provide consultation to clients and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. The person in this position may also be responsible for writing business cases for new information-based solutions and should know how to equate business outcomes with cost benefit analysis and tangible metrics to support.
- Bachelors Degree OR limited experience gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing system requirements.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Independently solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
- Knowledge to assist business areas in defining their information strategy.
- Assist developing business cases and related financial literacy to support cases, and ability to write business cases demonstrating future direction for leveraging information in the member, provider, product, and regulatory domains.
- Gathering and document business requirements in support of information-related strategies
- Knowledge of various software development processes, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, and development, agile methodologies, and tools and technologies.
- Create and conduct presentations to inform and influence, with the ability to think laterally and creatively.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience interacting successfully with management and staff across multiple departments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio) for written communication and analysis.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration experience
- Experience with K2
- Experience with Tableau
- Microsoft Power BI
Requirements: Expertise Procurement / Strategic Sourcing Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top