Business Analyst Specialist-Lead
Job ID: SS-1019060 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
"As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for leading the development of functional and non-functional business requirements; working with the Business Solutions Lead to understand business strategy and translate into product requirements; supporting the Business Solutions Lead in key project intake activities.
- Participate in strategy discussions and other business units (BU) discussions to understand and capture high-level business needs.
- Lead the gathering, analysis, documentation, and communication of business requirements for new solutions.
- Represent business/stakeholder interests by understanding and driving business needs and desires to implementation.
- Work with Application Architect and Solutions Architect to translate requirements into functional/technical specs.
- Identify key healthcare, innovation and technology trends and analyze the potential implications for a portfolio.
- Validate business and technical requirements are met during the project delivery process.
- Oversee user acceptance testing (UAT) activities to ensure business and system requirements are met.
- Assist both innovation and strategy development with subject matter expertise, when appropriate.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues with management and business systems.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing business support; training users.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (SaaS / PaaS ).
- Knowledge of system architecture and application portfolio.
- Knowledge of requirements management and/or prototyping (ALM, RallyDev, Balsamiq, iRise).
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts and/or processes.
- Business acumen.
- Business process management and modeling.
- Requirements definition and management.
- SDLC, Iterative, Agile and /or Scrum development.
- Ability to execute.
- Problem solving and/or analytical thinking.
- Possess ability to sit and perform computer entry for entire work shift, as required.
- Possess ability to manage workload, manage mutliple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 10-15+ years of Business Analysis experience
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of HCSC's organizational structure, products, and applications.
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members."
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top