Business Analyst Specialist - Claims
Job ID: PA-1019026 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for leading the development of functional and non-functional business requirements; working with the Business Solutions Lead to understand business strategy and translate into product requirement.
- Participate in strategy discussions and other business unit (BU) discussions to understand and capture high level business needs.
- Lead the gathering, analysis, documentation, and communication of business requirements for new solutions.
- Represent business/stakeholder interests by understanding and driving business needs and desires to implementation.
- Work with Application Architect, Solutions Architect, or Data Architect to translate requirements into functional / technical specs.
- Identify key healthcare, innovation and technology trends and analyze the potential implications for portfolio.
- Validate business and technical requirements are met during the project delivery process.
- Assist both innovation and strategy development with subject matter expertise, when appropriate.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology, business analysis specific experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology, business analysis specific experience OR 9 years Information Technology, business analysis specific experience.
- 2-3 years experience leading projects
- Knowledge of system architecture and application portfolio.
- Knowledge of requirements management and/or prototyping (ALM, Jira, RallyDev, Balsamiq, iRise).
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts and/or processes.
- Business acumen.
- Project management skills
- Requirements definition and management.
- SDLC, Iterative, Agile, OWF, and /or Scrum development.
- Problem solving and/or analytical thinking.
- Possess ability to manage workload, and manage multiple priorities as applicable.
- Written and verbal communications
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Information Technology
- Business process management and modeling.
- BA Certification
- Experience working in Healthcare Industry
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top