Associate Intern - Collaborative Program Intern
Job ID: AS-1018705 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Collaborative Program Intern
Tentatively September 11, 2017 – December 8, 2018 (Unpaid Internship)
The HCSC Collaborative Intern program is a highly customized internship which integrates you directly into HCSC's everyday life and will give you an idea of what it is like to be a full-time employee. As an intern, you will be collaborating with staff members from both the Behavioral Health and Strategy and Innovation groups. Potential projects include, evaluating internal programs, examining the relationship between employee health and organizational outcomes, and investigating the relationship between individual and organizational characteristics and job performance. Initially you may assist with literature reviews in support of HCSC's research initiatives, provide descriptive statistics for small and large datasets, and work closely with HCSC project staff and actively participate in project meetings. We expect you to assimilate and become an active member among a highly integrated project team.
Over the course of this unpaid internship, interns may work an average of 30 hours per week. Most interns work 25-35 hours per week during the school year. There is flexibility in scheduling to accommodate interns' school schedules; however, interns are required to work a minimum of 4 hours on the days when they are in the office. Interns will work at the HCSC Chicago headquarters, which is located at 300 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601 and accessible via public transportation.
- Possess an analytical mindset and excellent problem solving skills
- Exercise and embrace innovation, creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- Express enthusiasm to enhance your own development, both professionally and personally
- Have an entrepreneurial approach and initiative to handling business problems
- Be a team member with strong interpersonal skills
- Crave continuous learning and participate in knowledge exchange with peers
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and at least one year of graduate coursework
- Experience preparing communications
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- B or better in graduate-level statistics course
- Proficient in statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, R, and/or Python
- Experience merging multiple datasets/spreadsheets and using relational databases
- Experience completing routine and ad-hoc data requests
- A preferred background in one or more of the following: SAS, SQL, and/or R
- Demonstrated analytical, communication, collaboration and problem solving skills
Requirements: Expertise Behavioral Health Job Type Intern Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top