Assistant IT Product Manager
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for assisting the IT Product Manager with lifecycle management of an IT product (application family); triaging inbound requests for the product manager (i.e. bug fixes or new projects); acting as a proxy for the IT Product Manager to interact with project teams and assisting the IT Product Manager with the with the tactical activities related to product management.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years product management experience, OR 8 years Information Technology, including 4 years product management experience.
- Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHCSC/Ruby/C).
- Experience in cloud computing (SaaS / PaaS).
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process and tools (jenkins, Github, Jira).
- Experience in integration technologies (Tibco/Informatica/CAS).
- Experience in iterative, agile and/or scrum development.
- Experience in knowledge of product-specific application architecture.
- Experience in solution architecture.
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems.
- Application domain knowledge.
- Program and/or project management.
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions.
- Adaptability and/or ability to manage change.
- Creative thinking.
- Leadership -- Effectively leads teams & people.
- Problem solving / analytical thinking.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Technology.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago, TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top