Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory
Job ID: BDP-1019866 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for providing legal knowledge, counsel, and guidance to various corporate divisions and business units on federal regulatory matters affecting the business. The role includes analysis of regulatory and statutory requirements. The position may counsel the Company in its dealings with applicable regulatory bodies and government agencies. The position provides specialized regulatory legal advice on unique situations and complex issues regarding the legal implications of ongoing and proposed operations or actions related to business matters.
- Juris Doctor Degree and a license to practice law in the state where the legal department is located.
- 8 yrs. experience as an attorney with demonstrated understanding/experience of the Affordable Care Act – including Section 1557 Nondiscrimination, civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination, ERISA, HIPAA and other Federal laws affecting health insurance and group health plans (and related service providers).
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation and diplomacy skills.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years recent experience in health care law and/or insurance law.
- In-house counsel experience providing strategic and day-to-day counsel to business units.
- Experience with the state regulation of health insurance issuers and their products and services.
Requirements: Expertise Legal Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top