Job ID: LMS-1019931 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position supports our Medicare Part D products, part of our Government Programs line of business. The right candidate for this role must be a self-starter who likes to create processes and procedures. This role requires a critical thinker who can work independently and has strong analytic capability.
- Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science or Mathematics.
- Associateship in the Society of Actuaries (ASA), including completion of Associate Professionalism Course (APC), and completion of 1 FSA (Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries) exam equivalent. Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA). In place of 1 FSA exam equivalent, 2 years actuarial experience at the ASA level may be substituted.
- 4 years actuarial experience.
- Knowledge in at least 3 areas: actuarial pricing; underwriting; statistical modeling; analytics; networks; forecasting; and reserve systems.
- Verbal and written communications skills to prepare documentations, facilitate training, manage staff and represent department at internal meetings.
- PC proficiency to include Word and Excel, database, and designing reports.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year lead or supervisory experience.
This position is located in Chicago. Visa sponsorship is not provided for this role.
Requirements: Expertise Actuarial Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top