Analytics & Reporting Consultant - BCBS
Job ID: PT-1018139 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for creating reports, insights and analytics in support of the division; creating specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs; possibly providing consultation to users and leading cross-functional teams to address the division's issues; producing datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools; possibly performing research and assisting in analyzing data related to the division's strategic initiatives and broader research needs; interfacing between the business and divisional data teams to generate tools to be leveraged in building analysis and reports which are actionable within the business environment; working closely with customers to build relationships; and continuously gaining a deeper understanding of the division's data in order to meet business needs; analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers; identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in health plan or health system data analysis and information reporting OR 6 years experience in health plan or health system data analysis and information reporting.
- Experience in performing complicated analysis, including root cause analysis.
- Experience mining data utilizing SQL, SAS, Teradata or other reporting tools / languages.
- Experience presenting and defending analysis findings to stakeholders, which may include clinicians or actuaries.
- Possess ability to effectively document and verbally communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Work experience that includes leading projects and facilitating the growth of junior analysts.
- Initiative to solve complex problems; takes an "outside–in" perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Recent experience leading functional teams and projects to support business needs for analytics, reporting and industry analysis.
- Capability to review and audit previous analysis exercises, including the identification and remediation of errors.
- Candidate must possess the ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
No Relocation assistance can be provided
No Sponsorship H1B Visas
- LI CA CB
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top