Analytics & Reporting Consultant
This position is responsible for creating reports, insights and analytics in support of the division;
creating specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs; possibly providing consultation to users and leading cross functional teams to address the divisions issues; producing datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools; possibly performing research and assisting in analyzing data related to the divisions strategic initiatives and broader research needs; capability to review and audit previous analysis exercises, including the identification and remediation of errors; interfacing between the business and divisional data teams to generate tools to be leveraged in building analysis and reports which are actionable within the business environment; working closely with customers to build relationships; Experience presenting and defending analysis findings to stakeholders, which may include clinicians or actuaries; continuously gaining a deeper understanding of the division's data in order to meet business needs; analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision makers; identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences; work experience that includes leading projects and facilitating the growth of junior analysts; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Bachelor Degree and 4 years experience in data analysis and information reporting data OR 6 year experience in data analysis and information reporting data.
• Experience utilizing SQL, SAS, Teradata or other reporting tools / languages.
• Communicate technical concepts to nontechnical audiences both in written and verbal form.
• Lead projects and junior analyst.
• Initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside in perspective to identify innovative solutions.
• May lead functional teams or projects or decisions to support business needs for reporting and insights.
• Work with both internal and external data.
• Verify accuracy of reports and provide insights.
• Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
• Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in health plan or health system data analysis and information reporting OR 6 years experience in health plan or health system data analysis and information reporting.
• A comprehensive understanding of the RBRVS payment schema.
• Basic understanding of Professional coding, claims and reimbursement.
• Intermediate to expert experience utilizing SQL, SAS, Teradata or other reporting tools / languages
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, primarily Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, to conduct business analysis and documentation. Excel skills must include ability to: (a) write reference formulas including Index/Match, array formulas, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and linking of information, (b) write logic formulas such as nested if statements and array formulas, (c) summarize data, such as through use of pivot tables, and (d) report information in a meaningful format to internal customers.
This position is based in Richardson, TX.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Back to top