Analytics & Reporting Consultant
Job ID: CP-1016375 Description:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
This position is responsible for creating reports, insights and analytics in support of the division; creating specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs; possibly providing consultation to users and leading cross functional teams to address the divisions issues; producing datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools; possibly performing research and assisting in analyzing data related to the divisions strategic initiatives and broader research needs; interfacing between the business and divisional data teams to generate tools to be leveraged in building analysis and reports which are actionable within the business environment; working closely with customers to build relationships; and continuously gaining a deeper understanding of the divisions data in order to meet business needs; analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision makers; identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years experience in data analysis and information reporting data OR 6 year experience in data analysis and information reporting data.
- Experience utilizing SQL, SAS, Teradata or other reporting tools / languages.
- Communicate technical concepts to nontechnical audiences both in written and verbal form.
- Lead projects and junior analyst.
- Initiative to solve complex problems; takes an outside / in perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- May lead functional teams or projects or decisions to support business needs for reporting and insights.
- Work with both internal and external data.
- Verify accuracy of reports and provide insights.
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Previous experience using Teradata SQL, Business Objects, Tableau, SQL Server, SAS or SAS Enterprise Miner
- 7+ years' experience in health care data analysis and information reporting
- 5+ years' experience working with Aerial or other Medical Management system
- Experience working with Dashboards for graphical viewing of various data
- Experience interfacing with customers at different levels in the organization
- Experience working with different data sources within HCSC like Aerial, EDW, DSL, MMDB etc
This position is based in Richardson, TX.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Requirements: Expertise Analytics & Reporting Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson
Meet Some of HCSC's Employees
Allison audits operational and financial data throughout the business, helping to expose and mitigate risks, ensure compliance, and add value to HCSC’s operations as a whole.
Back to top