Vice President, Production
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, West Coast Production,
the VP of Production position includes the following:
- Oversees production of HBO Series, Movies and Mini-Series, along with Cinemax programming from inception through delivery.
- Supervises location searches for specific projects and creates production plans.
- Prepares script notes, production schedules, budgets and crew information for use within HBO and Cinemax as well as with outside producers and directors.
- Reviews budgets, call sheets, production reports, cost reports, dailies and final cuts of specific projects.
- Keeps open communication with production team to keep track of costs and creative aspects of each project.
- Works with production team to control budget and related production elements.
- Tracks up and coming talent and new technologies. Keeps up with changes in unions, guilds, locations, tax incentives,crew and equipment rates.
- Works closely with all HBO departments to keep production information flowing smoothly.
- Experience in creative problem solving, multi-tasking and continuously prioritizing work issues.
- Minimum 10 years- experience working as a freelance line producer or production executive.
- Has working knowledge of a variety of production formats including one hour drama, half hour single camera comedy, limited series, mini-series and 2 hour feature films.
- Proficient at Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling, Microsoft Excel, and Scenechronize
Meet Some of HBO's Employees
Emily G.Director, Digital & Social Media Marketing
Emily cultivates fan communities around HBO programming by creating conversations and marketing campaigns that speak to audiences in authentic ways.
Back to top