Vice President, Product Management, HBO Digital Products
The Vice President, Product Management will be responsible for management of the HBO Digital Product consumer portfolio, with goal of creating best-in-class digital products that drive revenue and deliver a top notch viewer experience. The Vice President, Digital Products will provide business vision and senior leadership in creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of consumers across the globe. This multi-disciplined, cross-functional leader will collaborate with key stakeholders to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class products, platforms, and experiences across HBO’s digital properties including HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO.com.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Product Planning and Operations, HBO Digital Products.
- Partner with key distribution, marketing, programming, design, engineering, operations, program management, editorial and research stakeholders to create a vision, alignment, and deliver world-class digital products that tie directly to business expectations. For every product and key feature, this means creating, tracking, and hitting clear and meaningful goals that define commercial success.
- Keep abreast of trends, business and technology developments within your product domain and make recommendations for the product roadmap.
- Lead strategic product innovation initiatives, researching market and consumer technology trends and integrate market and consumer technology trends into HBO products where appropriate.
- Foster proactive approach to product management and development and push for innovation at all times.
- Build an industry leading product team for the long term.
- Lead the development of innovative and high performance products – pushing the business forward and raising the bar versus the competitive set – i.e., creating addictive, simple, sticky product experiences that delight the consumer and perform with lightning speed and ease.
- Devise a strategic roadmap and spell out priorities for the business through identifying both business enhancements and new product & consumer experience opportunities. Plan, build, launch, and iteratively test and improve the performance of key product features.
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering solutions that meet business goals, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and hurdles.
- Manage major corporate initiatives with accurate time estimates, develop strategic relationships with partners and vendors, and adhere to deadlines and strong communication with peers and executive stakeholders.
- Define new product development process from ideation through to launch, solving for transparency and collaboration, and ensuring product lifecycle best practices.
- Oversee recruitment, training, retention, and organization of staff in accordance with the company hiring process, Human Resources policies, and budget requirements.
- Serve as an internal & external champion of HBO Digital Product management– our practices, processes, people, products, portfolio and strategy.
- Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all partner teams that are part of the product development and delivery life-cycle.
- Manage the bi-coastal product team organization and work closely with internal and matrixed departments within HBO, including but not limited to operations, technology, content, sponsorships, digital sales, data, quality assurance, marketing, PR and legal. Clearly define roles and responsibilities for members of the product team and create processes for effective communication.
- 10-15 years’ experience in strategy or product development in digital media with a demonstrated ability to manage and optimize business and technical solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in extending a major media brand in the digital space.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships; including remote team members and partners.
- Proven ability to work with a larger cross-functional team to define the team’s business strategy, product strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap
- Experience building and managing high performing teams
- Team player and willingness to work with other peer product leads to leverage synergies across our businesses
- Functional and conversant understanding of common digital platform capabilities including desktop, mobile, and connected TVs required.
- Experience with Agile and iterative development methodologies and work environments.
- Fundamental understanding of web & app technologies and technical architectural needs
- Significant knowledge of the digital media space including the digital business models and content strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to think “big-picture” across industries to identify emerging trends in the digital space that may be exploited to drive growth.
- Solid experience building business plans, go-to-market plans, SWOT analyses, etc. and then driving the results through to implementation.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with strong negotiation and decision making skills
- Ability to create and deliver executive level presentations and financial modeling.
- Must be able to travel as needed, primarily to Seattle and Santa Monica
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. MBA preferred.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top