HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia-s streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
We want to share WarnerMedia-s amazing stories with as many customers as possible. To do so, we are building ad-supported products to complement our premiere subscription product, HBO Max. We-re exploring both traditional and innovative ad presentations to share sponsor-s messages. The new product will be deployed across mobile, desktop, and connected devices, with as broad a reach as possible.
As a Staff Software Engineer on WarnerMedia-s Player Experience team, you will build and support full-stack components for our streaming video applications. You will own the entire video advertising user experience, including core player interface, beaconing, and integrated ad content. You-ll also lead behind the scenes efforts to improve quality of experience via telemetry and data analysis, and guide our overall platform by spreading architectural improvements throughout the organization.
- Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your professional and technical skills.
- Influence the technical and UX agenda for our new ad-supported video products.
- Work across teams and disciplines to explore technical solutions and evaluate technical tradeoffs, using the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities.
- Improve your team-s development, test, and operations practices.
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow their careers.
- Have a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
- Have hands-on experience developing and maintaining modern user interfaces on one or more platforms (web, mobile, TV).
- Be a self-starter that can independently solve complex engineering problems.
- Maintain high quality coding standards for yourself and your team.
- Design and deliver components of a complex architecture or distributed system.
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write, and desire to become an expert in video advertising technology.
- Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback.
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships.
- Provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
The Nice to Haves
- 5+ years in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
- Experience with video applications, especially streaming video.
- Experience with advertising integration technologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, MRAID, OpenMedia, ...).
- DevOps, where you-ve owned and operated the systems you-ve developed.
- Hands-on use of TypeScript 3+ / ECMAScript 6+ and modern device platforms (e.g. Android, iOS).
- Fluency in multiple modern programming languages.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Area of Interest
Film Production and Distribution
United States - Washington - Seattle
HBO Digital Products
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.