Senior Team Lead Engineer - Content Discovery Platform
You will be responsible for ensuring that products are correctly indexed in search engines and developing and deploying state of the art machine learning and NLP models to extract semantic information on product search queries so that customers can find what they want.
- Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department.
- Apply your technical acumen daily. You don-t code full time but you love reading the code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, sr engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
- Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
- Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
- Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
- Monitor, review and coach individual-s performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Support the professional goals of the engineering team members and provide coaching ( develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-one)
- Develop Team Cohesion - be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team-s accomplishments.
- Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- A proven track record of building and launching successful, consumer-facing software products, including 7+ years of technical experience as a software developer
- Minimum 3 years managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical roles
- Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
- Masters Degree in complementary fields such as System Engineering or Business Administration
- Experience with mission critical 24x7 operations for consumer-facing applications/software systems
- Experience with various project management practices; Agile Scrum, Kaban, Spiral Development or TDD
- Experience developing and deploying software on multiple operating systems.
- Experience with UI Frameworks such as XAML, WPF, REACT, Angular, Silverlight, Win32, Xamarin, or similar.
- Experience with the delivery of software libraries for public consumption
Back to top