Production Services Support Specialist (Freelance)
The Production Services Support Specialist position will offer daily technical support to clients working at the Midtown location. The role requires close collaboration with client groups to offer support for a wide variety of post-production software, processes, and file-based workflows, along with the teaching of technical concepts to non-technical people. This role requires significant experience with file-based workflows, Avid and Adobe software, ingest of camera files, and with the overall production/post-production process from pre-production through final delivery. The successful candidate will have a strong troubleshooting skillset as well as a customer service mindset.
- Work with the Production Services and Support team to assist in various aspects of pre and post production services for our clients. May include file movement, ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, transcoding and encoding files.
- Provide technical direction, advice and assistance to creative staff consisting of writer/producers/editors and media asset specialists as they work with file-based media via a variety of production tools.
- Support of Avid non-linear edit systems: Media Composer, Media Central UX, and Avid Access within an Interplay environment, running on Mac and PC platforms.
- Support of other non-linear edit systems and applications: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro 7 and Final Cut Pro X.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of issues involving hardware, software, and networking.
- Staying current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
- Duplication of various media types and files.
- Management and delivering of files to facilities, clients and various external locations
- Update internal documentation and procedures accurately with attention to detail and with clear and concise communication.
- Bachelor-s Degree in relevant or comparable field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Post-Production
- Keen and extensive knowledge of video post-production and the technical aspects of file based workflows within a post-production environment
- Proficiency in Avid Media Composer using Interplay on ISIS/Nexis, Avid Media Central, and Avid Access
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Products including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Encoder
- Proficient in overall Mac and PC operating systems including system directories, user accounts, permissions, and preferences
- Familiarity with file-based camera codecs and formats
- Understanding of video encoding and software
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate with other members of the team and promote unity with all team efforts
- Be able to provide solutions and present workarounds under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work late with short notice
- Ability and willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and keep things worked on and content viewed through the course of business completely secret
Meet Some of HBO's Employees
Emily G.Director, Digital & Social Media Marketing
Emily cultivates fan communities around HBO programming by creating conversations and marketing campaigns that speak to audiences in authentic ways.
Back to top