Manager, WarnerMedia Entertainment Strategy (NY/LA)
Partnering with executive leadership and operating areas, the WarnerMedia Entertainment (WME) Strategy team facilitates and supports strategic / operational planning. As part of the larger Finance organization, the team executes on detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to further WME-s strategic priorities including the launch of a direct to consumer streaming service.
We are looking for a Manager, based in New York or Los Angeles, who will provide strategic support for our wide-ranging portfolio of entertainment properties (e.g. tbs, TNT, truTV, HBO, HBO MAX). This role requires a high level of collaboration with internal partners in various business units across the enterprise.
This position reports to the VP of WarnerMedia Entertainment Strategy.
- Support major initiatives to achieve the strategic goals of the WarnerMedia Entertainment business:
- Develop and adhere to work plans for enterprise-wide collaboration
- Collaborate with internal partners such as Finance, Content, Product, Technology, Network Operations, Ad Sales, Distribution, and Research to develop these initiatives
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate strategic options
- Create executive-ready presentations to summarize key findings and recommendations
- Build operating plans for implementation across the business
- Collaborate with Content teams to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities (e.g. audience development, potential partnerships, and new businesses)
- Create long term strategic plans and support the creation of long term financial plans for current and future WM Entertainment business areas
- Provide support for both WarnerMedia corporate and senior management, including strategy reviews, board presentations, and other management meetings
- Produce and maintain advanced knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity
- 4 - 6 years of work experience that includes one or a combination of the following:
- Management Consulting within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice
- Investment Banking, VC, or PE within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice
- Corporate development, strategy, business development, or corporate finance at a media or technology company
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint skills:
- Superior quantitative modeling skills and a sound understanding of finance
- Ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
- Passionate about media and entertainment with a voracious appetite for industry news (e.g. on content, streaming services, linear ecosystem, advertising evolution)
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, deep intellectual curiosity, and willingness to think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative DNA
- Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Experience interfacing and presenting to senior executives and management teams
- Must be able to travel as needed
Area of Interest
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Corporate Media, Television Program Production and Distribution
United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Back to top