Work with the Awards team on all aspects of awards process from pre-entry through post-ceremony for roughly 70 - 80 awards per year of varying profiles (including but not limited to Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Peabodys, etc.) for HBO and Cinemax series, films, documentaries, sports programming, children-s programming and specials.
- Handle entries within hard deadlines for competitions with minimal supervision - develop knowledge of programming to effectively and intelligently determine appropriate entries either independently or via collaboration with shows and various departments, complete entry forms in accordance to eligibility requirements, check all entries for accuracy and manage all support materials (clips, photos, payment, etc.).
- Execute all ceremony-related tactical details - gather and disseminate pertinent information, coordinate nominee and executive attendance, provide required ceremony assets, facilitate publicist credentials and serve as on-site contact for event day.
- Liaise between various internal departments and external organizations. Foster strong relationships with award organizations, executives, producers and various entrants and nominees/honorees.
- Draft timely memos announcing nominations and wins. These documents must be accurate and their formatting flawless as they are circulated company-wide and beyond.
- Maintain the HBO and Cinemax awards database by tracking nominations and wins for all awards.
- Handle awards research requests for programmers, other departments and press by providing comprehensive records of accolades on a quarterly/yearly/as-needed basis.
- EXTREMELY organized, thorough, accurate and METICULOUSLY detail-oriented.
- A highly efficient and successful project manager - deadline-driven and successful at multitasking and prioritizing an enormous volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work and think independently while being a solid team player.
- Quick yet thoughtful problem solving and follow through.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Adaptable to ever-changing awards and programming landscapes.
- Calmly handles stress and various personalities with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends on a seasonal basis and as needed throughout the year.
- Previous Awards and entertainment-related experience is preferred.
- 4-5 years of project management is also preferred.
Back to top