PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of a Lead Engineer role is a combination of software development duties and technical support for APAC.
- Partner/consult with multiple vendor developers to ensure successful integration of large-scale independent Application Programming Interface (API) systems.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on matters related to API integrations with Affiliate systems for user authentication and authorization, manage discussions and queries from various internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle operational issues and troubleshoot bugs independently and aid tech support team.
- Design, improve, and protect large-scale systems for managing customer subscriptions for HBO Go and HBO Max.
- Partner with external vendor teams and internal Technical/Product teams to resolve complex issues with potentially costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Monitor applications, setup dashboards and alerting/paging, and write scripts to automate some of the support tasks.
- Evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with peers across other global teams. Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering building scalable service components for shipped consumer products or platforms
- Good grasp on the fundamentals of security and networking concepts.
- Bonus to have working knowledge of:
- Streaming technologies such as HLS, MPEG DASH, DRM tech, and CDN operations.
- Building Monitoring systems and analytics tools like Conviva, GA, Firebase & ticketing systems like Jira.
- Working experience with tools like Postman, Pingdom, and Swagger.
- Solid understanding of Web and Mobile Applications. Prior experience with working in a similar environment would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills and enjoys working directly with customers.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Area of Interest
Broadcast Technical Operations, Engineering, Technology/Information Technology
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Singapore - Singapore
H100 HBO Singapore
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.