HBO Vice President, Digital Creative
HBO is seeking a Vice President, Digital Creative to strategically lead the content (editorial and design) team within Digital & Social Media (DSM). This creative group is responsible for the ideation and development of immersive interactive experiences in support of HBO's programming and brand including websites, apps and Virtual Reality experiences. Additionally, this team handles the creation of all short-form social media content as well as the editorial and design functions for HBO's digital platforms including HBO.com, HBO GO and HBO NOW. He/She will have strong design sensibilities, exceptional creative narrative and storytelling abilities, and a proven track record in managing a large team.
Reporting into the SVP, Digital Media & Marketing, this role is a leader within the digital and social media team uniting the editorial and design functions into a single creative group under a singular vision. The Vice President, Digital Creative will be collaborative and hands-on and will need to excel in overseeing and creating digital projects from strategy through execution. The ideal candidate will have an expert knowledge in interaction design and user experience with strong hands-on visual design skills (typography, video, motion, and image-curation).
- Set the creative team's culture and quality standards and mentor overall development
- Empower, motivate and manage a high-performing 35+ creative team
- Establish a roadmap for on-going innovation and creative experimentation in the marketing team
- Act as a primary creative partner with showrunners and talent to develop digital content extensions to the linear programming
- Oversee the development of digital content strategy and execution for all HBO programming and brands across video, text, audio and social/mixed media
- Partner with the On-Air team to establish new best practices for the creation of digital-first trailers and promos
- Concept, design and oversee the creative production of fully responsive interactive experiences and HBO's digital platforms – HBO.com, HBO GO and HBO NOW
- Partner with the Digital Marketing team to bring social media activations to life creatively including but not limited to LIVE Video experiences
- Prepare and present creative presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive HBO's creative vision in the VR space
- Adhere to the highest level of quality assurance standards including 100% publication accuracy
- Ensure all factors that govern project success deliver within time, cost and quality parameters and manage/communicate risk throughout the process
- Assign project resources, set visual direction and provide quality assurance on all creative deliverables
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in interactive creative development for a TV, Technology, Media or Lifestyle brand or a mix of agency/client-side background
- Strategic thinker with creative problem solving and impeccable, persuasive writing skills
- A track record of success in the concepting, design and execution of compelling mobile, social and multiplatform experiences required.
- Expert knowledge in the latest Adobe Creative Suite ( i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and InDesign). Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere a plus
- Deep command over the latest trends in responsive design and mobile/social video.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong desire to inspire creativity and innovative thinking
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required
- Strong team management skills, superior interpersonal and communication skills, able to review and categorize information, analyze problems, provide solutions, prioritize conflicting schedules and information
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to deliver to budget
- Strong leadership skills including internal and external management as well as driving creative vision
- Experience developing for VR a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
Some travel and nights/weekend hours required
QUALITIES WE LOVE:
- Smart, talented people who know how to work hard and have fun doing it
- Innovative thinkers and creative problem solvers who are team players
- People with big ideas but small egos
- Passion for the ever-changing industry and a drive to succeed
- Highly adaptive and flexible
- Perennially curious, inventive, innovative and forward thinking
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top