HBO Technical Director
The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at HBO enable the media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming and delivering the assets to all HBO affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: development, program management, test, and design. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a Director with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build and lead a team to build and support robust and flexible custom web applications and portals for our supply chain. The portals include our Video Viewing Portal for secure viewing of HBO’s pre- and post-air content and several other B2B applications. The portfolio also includes portals and Dashboards for tracking and managing the media supply chain.
- Lead and inspire a global Software Engineering team of 30+ staff and consulting resources in an agile environment, focused on building and supporting Web Portals to support HBO’s B2B portfolio as well as the media supply chain.
- Develop and maintain a vision and a strategic plan for Portal architecture and development.
- Plan, initiate, and effect changes to the future-state architecture and technical stack of Portal applications.
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to ensure alignment and on time delivery.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Technology organization on key architectural decisions and design considerations for the media supply chain to ensure high quality, scalability and resiliency.
- Develop and mentor key engineers and upcoming technical leaders.
- Experience leading a team that delivers scalable and robust web applications for large customer base.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to foster innovation.
- Demonstrated capability in working with cross-functional teams and promoting a collaborative and results-focused environment.
- Capable of collaborating and influencing key stakeholders, technology leadership and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering processes and best practices with emphasis on Agile / Scrum / iterative development methodologies.
- Experience designing, deploying and supporting full stack complex software systems.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in front end software development using latest technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in leading, establishing & managing DevOps, CI/CD, automation and scripting.
- Strong experience in Java, HTML, databases (NoSQL like MongoDB ad relational like Oracle), Web Services, Micro Services and API-Driven development.
- Expertise in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed and highly available database systems.
- Experience working on Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Advise technical team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker.
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top