HBO Technical Director
The Business Technology Services team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the build and support of vital technology solutions supporting the scheduling, acquisition, processing, and distribution of HBO content, the team is a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and successful Technology team in New York City, Santa Monica and Seattle.
The team partners with various business units to enable the services required to deliver HBO’s premium content to domestic and global platforms as well as third party partners by bringing together platform, software, data and business intelligence services. The team’s mission is to provide rock solid operations while defining and executing on the future business technology landscape leveraging Cloud and DevOpsSec.
The Technical Director of Business Technology is responsible for evolving the existing design and the successful implementation of a service centric organization to provide rock solid technical services for a portfolio of 80+ assets including Business systems, Media systems, databases, integration and Corporate systems. The position collaborates with the Technology leadership and stakeholders to bring parity across the various Technology operations teams within HBO to meet the growing demand of a 24*7 service across business and direct customers.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has his/her eye on the future with a passion to drive organic change through innovation, operational efficiency, automation, integration and decommission. The individual will be responsible for managing a current team of 25+ employees and consultants across the globe. (S)He is expected to demonstrate significant depth and breadth while being open minded in building valuable partnerships across vendors, customers and peers to build a lean and an agile organization for the future.
This position will be based in New York City and report to the VP Business Technology Solutions.
- Effective management of people, services, budgets and vendors associated to Business Technology team.
- Define and execute against a roadmap to drive a predictable and a stable support organization responsible for on-prem and/or cloud hosted applications/systems.
- Defining, measuring, managing and reporting performance against KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Drive standardization, automation, integration across the group.
- Drive the maturity of the portfolio by effectively defining incident and problem management.
- Establish a 24*7 on call and operations center for an integrated Business systems and Media systems portfolio of on-prem and/or cloud hosted applications/systems.
- Act as an escalation point for all departmental issues and leading the effort to resolve and reconcile those events.
- Maintain vendors/consultants relationship management and associated health metrics reporting and analysis.
- Enhance, maintain and improve departmental daily/weekly operating reports.
- Responsible for meeting the various compliances and security demands of the portfolio including SOX.
- Collaboration with peers and the leadership team to create and maintain a strategic plan.
- Influence ongoing portfolio management, rationalization and prioritization.
- You will help transform the organization into a DevopsSec model supporting cloud technologies.
- 10+ years’ experience in technology operations including 7+ years in a leadership position managing cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- ITIL/ITSM, Software engineering, platform technology and cloud experience.
- Clear framework oriented thinker who can get to the root cause of operational pain and device creative solutions to address.
- Excellent Process orientation, time sensitivity and goal orientation.
- Good judgement, prioritization and ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality on business matters as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership and colleagues to support business results and to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent customer focus and awareness of the importance of the customer in a service organization.
- Proven problem solving skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must be persistent and patient to drive the long term transformation.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top