HBO Sr. Software Engineer, Tech Production & Operations
At HBO, we believe that digital technologies will bring forward a new era of entertainment products. Within Media Technology and Operations (MTO), Production Services bridges the intersectcion of art and technology by implementing emerging technologies with established methodologies and building tools for our original programming creative teams. Production Services hopes to inspire the creative team to continue make cutting edge content and experiences.
Realizing this mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: development, program management, test, and design. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust and flexible custom applications as well as integrate third-party software packages.
- You will design and develop architecturally sound custom applications as well as implement and integrate third-party software packages.
- You will partner with business analysts, project managers and other engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate and recommend strategic solutions.
- In addition, you will help plan, initiate, and effect changes to the future-state architecture and technical stack of applications.
- We are looking for a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record and takes pride in bringing high-quality code quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
- Successful applicants must have deep knowledge with hands-on experience in:
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Presentation-tier technologies such as AngularJS, NodeJS. Java Swing is a plus
- SQL and database concepts for RDBMS’ such as Oracle, MySQL. NoSQL database knowledge is a plus
- Enterprise integration patterns and technologies such as REST, SOA, JMS, and ESB
- Development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Maven, JUnit, Bamboo, and JIRA
- 3+ years of established track record of implementing large-scale high-quality software applications.
- Very strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experience with team members.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues.
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development.
- Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask.
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top