HBO Sr. Counsel
The Senior Counsel in Technology Legal will provide business and legal advice on technology related transactions that help enable HBO's global businesses.
- Negotiate, draft, analyze, and participate in technology transactions related to the digital distribution of HBO content, including cloud services deals, SaaS and IaaS deals, inbound licensing and outsourcing deals.
- Work with HBO's global distribution business and legal affairs team on technology driven distribution arrangements with HBO's distributors
- Act as legal lead on security and data initiatives to help support HBO's businesses and protect HBO's sensitive information
- Provide advice to the HBO technology department on matters related to use of open source, patent protection, and security- related matters
- Assist and advise HBO's international ventures with their technology and digital distribution deals
- Advise on related areas of law including regulatory, general business and contracts
- Minimum of 6 years of legal experience required, including extensive experience with technology transactions
- Experience as in-house counsel in technology and digital media preferred
- JD degree from top tier law school
- Admittance to a State Bar required
- Effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems
- Strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions
- Keen understanding and interest in technology, particularly as it relates to digital media
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top