HBO Sr. Accountant
The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for the financial reporting and analysis of the Global Licensing and Corporate Communications operating areas. Additionally, the Sr. Accountant will be in charge of handling daily accounting responsibilities and providing day to day support to the operating areas, Finance department and assisting with various ad hoc projects. Reports to the Manager, Financial Operations & Reporting.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasting and reporting, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow and related variance analysis for Global Licensing and Corporate Communications.
- Lead and actively participate in meetings with various levels within the operating groups. Ask probing and insightful questions and follow issues/projects through to final resolution/completion.
- Prepare high level schedules for upper management and other ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the operating areas, including journal entries, chart of accounts, expense tracking.
- Identify deficiencies and areas of improvement within our processes and discuss possible changes and recommendations with the Manager.
- Manage the year-end accrual process, including review of accrual supporting documentation and following up accordingly.
- Participate in financial system upgrades/changes and their impact to the Sales & Marketing operating areas.
- Manage the preparation of current year re-estimates and next year budgets.
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for the department.
- BA/BS or MBA in accounting.
- Minimum of four years public and /or private accounting experience with strong work ethic.
- CPA preferred.
- Solid analytical, technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to set and meet realistic deadlines and achieve successful results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously,
- prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual, detail-oriented with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Oracle E-Business Suite experience a plus.
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top