HBO Solutions Architect (AWS)
The Business Technology Services team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the build and support of vital technology solutions supporting the scheduling, acquisition, processing, and distribution of HBO content. The team is a fundamental part of HBO's innovation and successful Technology team in New York City, Santa Monica and Seattle. The team partners with various business units to enable the services required to deliver HBO's premium content to domestic and global platforms as well as third party partners by bringing together platform, software, data and business intelligence services.
The team is looking to add an AWS Solution Architect to help evolve the data and analytics platform, operationalize it and lead the transformation of existing applications as well as design new applications for a cloud based, modern architecture. The ideal candidate is a technology generalist with strong architectural and engineering skills to learn, loop and implement solutions in an ever demanding and changing business and technology landscape. He/She should have the ability to connect infrastructure, platform, data and application to identify a holistic architecture. This is someone who understands big data, cloud operating model and agile delivery of solutions following the CI/CD principles.
The AWS Solution Architect role will be a key resource in building enterprise-wide capabilities like macro segmented views of our core data sources as a single source of truth (Customer 360, Product 360) and agile data processing frameworks. The individual will partner with corporate and other Time Warner companies to enable an integrated data strategy.
This position will be based in New York City and report to the Director, Insight and Intelligence Solutions.
- Define the Cloud Architecture for both pure and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on AWS and understand how to use them to design solutions for complex business problems.
- Define 1-3 year roadmap covering capabilities, tools and technologies to align with the business needs.
- Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy.
- Work with teams to practice continuous improvement in processes and tooling. Develop and manage KPIs to measure performance and alignment with business objectives.
- Work with appropriate teams to ensure solutions comply with the security policies.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced IT staff.
- Serves as liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- 6+ years of experience designing/implementing large-scale, complex data-driven applications
- 3+ years of hands on experience with programming languages (Python, R Scala, Spark, Hive, PIG, Airflow) and streaming technologies (Kafka/Kinesis)
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with databases (e.g. Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.) on the AWS Platform
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop distributions (Cloudera/Horton/MAPR/EMR)
- Prior experience of incorporating machine learning to drive maturity towards artificial intelligence
- Should be knowledgeable about CI/CD process on AWS
- Experience of AWS DNS and Load Balancers is highly desirable
- Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and be able to deconstruct complex problems & projects into execution detail
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification preferred
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top