HBO Software Engineer (Production Technology)
The HBO Production Technology Group is looking for an engineer who can bring fresh, scalable ideas to develop and supporting state-of-the-art imaging analysis algorithms and processing software, distributed computing and deep learning in a creative media environment. Specific areas of work may include color rendering and profiling, transcoding, image analysis and processing, and image quality assessment. Production Technology develops new and unique techniques for creating, mastering and experiencing content. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Design and build intuitive, simple and elegantly designed software that people want to use
- Provide support and development of software tools and procedures to extend and enhance the core production pipeline
- Work with multiple departments, including Production, Post Production, Digital Products, and Engineering to implement custom production tools and workflows
- Development and maintenance work on plug-ins and scripts related to production work
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of build environments, release structures, and coding standards to be used within the Production Technology Department
- Adhere to specifications for workflows or internal APIs generally used within the pipeline
- Ensure software development follows department policies and guidelines
- BA/BS degree in computer science, computational math or Physics, Master preferred
- 4+ years experience managing multiple software engineering projects
- Experience with multi-threaded, scalable software in a production environment
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
- Proven track record of developing advanced imaging algorithms and/or image analysis solutions.
- Excellent programming skills with languages and environments such as C, C++, Python, Java, Matlab, OpenCV, linux, Windows
- Signal processing experience and understanding of color spaces and image quality metrics
- Experience with data-parallel and/or accelerated computing (CUDA, OpenCL)
- Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms and software packages (Caffe, Torch, Theano, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top