HBO Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer at HBO you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of HBO’s premiere digital properties including HBO GO and HBO.com. This person will be deeply hands-on with infrastructure, systems, automation, monitoring and system telemetry, and operational processes. This person will understand the challenges around rapidly creating, scaling and managing distributed applications and will be able to collaborate with talented engineers across multiple disciplines to address those challenges.
Check out one of our past projects here:
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network. Physical hardware and cloud-based environments.
- Drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and all stakeholders.
- Develop, configure and optimize service and application monitoring and telemetry
- Proficient with TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Ability to actively participate in infrastructure design and implementation.
- Solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python strongly preferred)
- Must be adaptable and able to focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design, including messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Must work well with and be able to influence a myriad of personalities at all levels
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top