HBO Site Reliability Engineer
HBO's Digital Products division is responsible for the entire technology stack that enables our customers to access HBO's programming wherever they are - on whatever device is at hand. HBO is a progressive company with great benefits, a lean management structure, and growth opportunities for talented individuals. Come help us make HBO the best online experience in the world.
SRE at HBO:
As a Site Reliability Engineer at HBO you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of HBO's premiere digital services including HBO GO and HBO NOW, HBO.com and exciting sites like hooli.xyz, GameOfThrones.com and DiscoverWestworld.com. You will be deeply hands-on with cloud-based infrastructure, Linux systems, automation, monitoring and systems telemetry. This person will understand the challenges around rapidly creating, scaling and managing geographically distributed applications and will be able to collaborate with talented engineers across multiple disciplines to address those challenges.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud based software deployments on the cloud stack of your choosing (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack VMWare)
- A high degree of familiarity with Linux containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Mesos
- Strong understanding of HTTP, REST, networking concepts and global load-balancing
- A passion towards automation - we're looking to automate anything possible
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor in every significant engineering solution that is delivered
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with every member of the engineering team
- Solid understanding of system design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Solid programming and troubleshooting skills. You may be called upon to help with systems written in Go, Python, Node.js. You won't be expected to know everything, but we are looking for people who can dig through a codebase for debugging and commit tactical fixes as needed.
- 1 – 10+ years of experience. We're looking for talented engineers at all experience levels.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top