HBO Senior Writer Producer
Please include you Reel on your resume.
A Writer/Producer with consistently superior creative, conceptual, AVID editing, writing and producing skills who also is developing leadership skills. Frequently assigned to produce HBO's tent pole productions and intermittently tasked with producing midlevel productions. Produces tent pole productions with regular guidance from senior staff and regular management oversight. Produces midlevel productions independently with general management oversight. Maintains positive client relationships at a peer level and is developing leadership skills, including presentation, communication and team building. Leads the creative work of Writer/Producers on projects. Mentors junior staff. Responsible for staying on campaign budget.
- Conceptualizes, writes, produces and edits promotions for films, series, sports events and special presentations.
- Implements and maintains creative vision and "look and feel" of productions from inception to release.
- Edit promotional content in the range of :30 promos, to trailers, to long form.
- Screens and researches productions. Develops concepts. Writes scripts. Directs voice-over talent. Supervises graphics sessions. Selects music. Supervises edit sessions. Supervises occasional shoots.
- Have a firm grasp of on-set etiquette along with strong production knowledge experience.
- Experience interviewing talent.
- Works with Creative Director/Associate Creative Director to oversee outside Vendors. Manages prescribed deadlines and budgets.
- Responsible for administrative and logistical project oversight.
- Superior production crew management.
- Leadership skills including presentation, communication and team building
- Developing management skills.
- Good inter- and intra-group relations skills.
- Exhibit very strong AVID editing skills.
- Exhibits strategic thinking skills and good judgment.
- Superior writing and production skills.
- Strong knowledge of production management, post-production, video, writing and producing.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top