HBO Senior Staff Storage Engineer
Focusing on petabyte-level storage platforms, gather requirements, produce designs and implement media content storage infrastructures for various media workflow and content archival applications.
- Develop trusted relationships with application and workflow designers to better understand needs, expectations and performance requirements of underlying content storage platforms.
- Develop trusted relationships with vendors providing storage, server and networking solutions to assist in architecting new solutions for HBO.
- Architect appropriate storage platforms as well as supporting network and server equipment needs for deployment.
- Develop full end-to-end bill-of-materials, quotations and build-out diagrams and documentation for installation and operation of solutions.
- Troubleshoot server, network and storage system issues to rectify performance problems and/or failed componentry.
- Provide storage-level application support to HBO Communications Center, HBO Studios East and HBO Midtown locations.
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Candidate must have 10 years of experience in storage system administration.
- Ability to work autonomously with application/workflow teams as well as server and networking staff to create equipment lists and design documents for end-to-end host/storage environments, based on content type, access requirements, infrastructure and TCO budgetary schedules.
- High level of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS installation, administration and performance tuning.
- High level of Microsoft Windows 2008+ administration and performance tuning.
- High level of experience with third-party tools for both Windows and Linux OS platforms for storage and file system configuration.
- Experience with Object-Based Storage (AWS-S3, Scality, or CleverSafe), Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud a plus.
- Experience with implementation and administration of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) equipment required.
- The candidate must have excellent communications skills in order to be successful.
- Position requires after hours support and occasional travel to data center locations.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top