HBO Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
The Business Technology Services (BTS) team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the building and support of vital technology solutions supporting the scheduling, acquisition, processing, and distribution of HBO content. The team is a fundamental part of HBO's innovation and successful Technology teams located in New York City, Santa Monica and Seattle.
The BTS team partners with various business units to enable the services required to deliver HBO's premium content to domestic and global platforms as well as third party partners by bringing together platform, software, data and business intelligence services. Our mission is to provide rock solid operations while defining and executing on the future business technology landscape leveraging Cloud and DevOpsSec.
We are looking for a Senior Software/DevOps Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help us visualize, create and evolve our next generation platforms. A self-starter who is looking to challenge themselves and develop our future portfolio of assets.
- You will be working along-side other developers and engineering teams to build the next generation of HBO's planning & scheduling platform.
- You will building out our development processes and helping guide and drive towards the goal of Cloud-first/future-resiliency using DevOpsSec practices.
- You will become a trusted advisor for the business and their technology needs within a strategic business pillar.
- You will be working along-side other technically curious and driven engineers to help our organization grow and deliver business-centric solutions.
Technical Requirements: We are looking for a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record and takes pride in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies across stacks, values collaboration and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
Successful applicants must have:
- 5 years in-depth experience using cloud based development platforms such as AWS or GCP
- 5 years working in an Agile/DevOpsSec model
- 5 years Java development experience with current server and UI technology stacks such as Spring, JPA, Angular, React, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases such as Oracle and Mongo
- Working knowledge and/or experience with enterprise integration patterns and technologies such as REST, JMS, ESB, etc
- Working knowledge of development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Jenkins, Bamboo etc
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Drive to master emerging technologies across disciplines and share experience with team members.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting technical integration issues across various platforms
- Ability to create and foster a positive and energetic influence in the department.
- Previous technical experience in the media/entertainment industry is preferred
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top