HBO Senior Product Manager
This Senior Product Manager position is part of HBO's Digital Products department. Digital Products works to develop and release applications and features to further expand and enhance HBO's digital properties, including HBO.com, Cinemax.com, HBO GO, MAX GO and HBO NOW.
This Senior Product Manager role is responsible for development of product line strategies and roadmaps within the domain of Tools, specifically Tools that help us manage our digital properties (e.g. Content Management System). The Tools domain in particular requires understanding the business users needs in order to operate and maintain HBO's consumer facing experiences, and developing tools based products with a heavy consideration for operationalization.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of leading teams to identify unique market and consumer requirements, with experience in digital products portfolio management. A successful candidate must be a strategic thinker who has a capacity to manage a product strategy and roadmap with at least a 6 month horizon. They must be comfortable engaging with executive leadership to communicate and prioritize product line strategy effectively and must be adaptable and collaborative in a fast paced environment.
The Senior Product Manager will collaborate with cross-functional team of Designers, Program Managers, Engineers as well as Product Manager peers to develop a product portfolio and roadmap for the Tools domain. They will interface and facilitate portfolio planning with business stakeholders to ensure alignment and seek input for planning purposes.
They should lead with integrity, have strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as be a proven collaborator who can problem solve. Individual will function with significant autonomy. Occasional overnight travel required.
● Gather, document and communicate product requirements effectively to cross-functional teams and facilitate portfolio roadmap prioritization
● Provide input on non-functional requirements, from market and forecast perspectives
● Work with HBO business functions to elicit & document product roadmap items and gain cross-functional consensus on plans
● Partners with Design/UX team to provide input on product line level decisions, ensuring design is optimized to meet business and consumer needs
● Drives customer and internal stakeholder communications (including Brand, Sales, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Legal, Customer Support) as the product line interface
● For the product portfolio, leads across team, supervises, completes tasks associated with the following work:
○ Customer research/validation
○ Competitive analysis
○ Business case: Identifies business value; recommends metrics and objectives based on business value at the product line level
○ Product delivery solution concept
○ Feature/function roadmap: reviews across product line, supervises team, collaborates with other senior cross-departmental team members
○ Business readiness/implementation planning
○ External launch planning/execution
○ Post-launch monitoring of product ROI, business value & customer feedback: Tracks and recommends course corrections for product line
● Bachelor's degree preferred
● 5+ years of applied Product Management experience
● Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience
● Prior Product experience with a focus on digital landscape, including video streaming, content distribution workflows and application development (in Media industry is a plus)
● Experience utilizing Omniture or similar analytics platforms to capture and present data-driving analysis
● Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Wizeline, Trello) and bug tracking systems (ex: YouTrack, JIRA) preferred
● Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
● Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
● Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
● Self-starter, accountable and empowered
● Collaborative work style
● Detail oriented
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top