HBO Senior Engineering Lead, Platform Technologies
At HBO, we believe that digital technologies will create a new era of entertainment products. Out of our passion for technology and content, we have created a new software engineering group with offices in Seattle and New York City.
The fundamental goals of these teams are to accelerate our ability to innovate; to deliver compelling new consumer experiences with HBO GO, MAX GO, and HBO.com; and to develop new types of interactive experiences that enhance our entertainment franchises.
Exploring this nexus of technology and entertainment requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: development, program management, test, and design. We are hiring people in all areas of product development to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality products and interactive experiences. We need expertise in devices—such as smart phones, tablets, game consoles, and PCs—as well as expertise in cloud computing and web services. Above all, we need a team that can take that expertise and accomplish things that have never been done before—because that’s what we’re doing.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for driving engineering projects and teams comprised of senior and principal level subject matter experts as they relate to our core platforms across a variety of hardware devices. You must have a strong coding background and be able to navigate within an ambiguous environment across high-performance engineering and product development teams. You will be collaborating across Digital Products and external vendors to guide and direct the evolution of the best video distribution experience in the industry; expanding to distribute other storytelling mediums in the near future. You will be closely partnered with a Services Engineering Leads to oversee development of multiple product experiences across multiple distribution channels both domestically and internationally.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of work with consumer software product development over multiple product releases
- 3+ years of hands-on professional coding experience in a team environment
- 3+ years of technical management experience with the proven ability to establish and foster high-quality and effective engineering teams and practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Multi-fluency with above languages or others is a plus
- Experience with consumer devices such as tablets, smart phones, and game consoles is a plus
- Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written) with the ability to partner and engage technical and non-technical teams
- Deep interest and experience with application development, video streaming applications and technologies, performance tuning, and HCI.
- Passion for career management and leading teams
Tools we like:
- C, C++, C#, or Objective-C
- OS: Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top