HBO Senior Database Engineer
HBO is looking for a talented Senior Database Engineer to join our data architect team. You will play a key role in defining and executing an end-to-end support and performance tuning of PostgreSQL databases which support various workloads. This individual will be responsible for designing complex and large scale data models and data pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and address reporting needs on multiple database environments including but not limited to PostgreSQL.
- Design/Build/Maintain the end-to-end of the database.
- Write, maintain, monitor and improve the logic processing of millions of records
- Cross-functional data integration efforts, both upstream and downstream
- Work with the engineering team to continuously acquire new data, detect and fix data quality issues
- Develop and optimize processes by working closely with multiple data partners and stakeholders across the company to meet growing business needs.
- Passionate about data and technology and extremely curious
- Great attention to details, thinking through downstream effects of data architecture on data mining business intelligence and analysis, as well as pre-emptively diagnosing potential pain points for stakeholders
- Strong, recent, hands on expertise in data architecture and programming utilizing Postgres
- Strong SQL and data modeling background
- Experience in Postgres database tuning and optimization
- Working knowledge of Python and shell scripting
- Production support experience
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation skill is a must
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic organization with minimal documentation and process
- You've worked with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- Experience with Jenkins and github
- Exposure to NO-SQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB and Redis
- Experience working in agile environments.
- Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top