HBO Senior Business Intelligence Developer
HBO Financial Reporting group supports large number of financial clients for various reporting initiatives. This groups creates reporting solutions to support HBO finance business needs for operational analysis, forecasting, reconciliation, auditing and closing cycles. Candidate will be a member of the MTIS group and interact with HBO Finance departments and IT.
This position is hands-on in the Financial Reporting team. The selected candidate will be well versed with an advanced knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle Concurrent Reports, RDF, BI Publisher reporting tools along-with business analysis skills including functional knowledge in various Oracle Financials modules. This candidate will act as a lead reporting developer delivering architecturally sound and maintainable BI applications. This position is based in NY Metro area and some off hour including weekend support is part of this role.
- STAR modeling, RPD Design supporting OBIEE Implementation
- Communication of the status, benefits, and impact of assignments and projects
- Administration of the reporting tools including security, patches, vendor service requests, performance and quality assurance
- Evaluation of new technical solutions (packages or in-house development)
- Engagement with the technical teams throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle to deliver solutions
- Hands on report development using Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), RDF, PL/SQL, BI Publisher
- Participate in RPD Design including data modeling, MUD architecture
- Support the OBIEE cash revenue and operations financial reporting
- Work with various infrastructure teams and vendor support teams to ensure and support patches and bug fixes
- Support the reporting enhancements and production support requests for various financial groups
- Participate in several reporting initiatives on enhancements, upgrades and proof of concepts
- Functional analysis during projects/impact to EBS modules – including O2C, P2P, PA, GL, PO, AP and custom modules
- Data analysis during application troubleshooting and maintenance
- Participate in researching new features, and educating clients on these abilities to fit into the business model
- Deployment of RPD and enhancements
- Participate in off-hours support activities as needed
- Reporting tools – OBIEE, Oracle RDF, BI Publisher, PL/SQL Reports
- Functional knowledge in Oracle Financial modules – O2C, P2P, PA, GL, PO, AP
- Willingness to learn new reporting tools, business area and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Interacting with business clients, vendors and technical staff members to achieve desirable business objectives
- Balancing multiple assignments, priorities and aggressive timelines
- 5+ years working as a Reporting Developer
- 5+ years in PL/SQL and data modeling experience
- 3+ years strong experience in OBIEE, RDF, reporting tools
- Functional knowledge of various Oracle Financial modules
- Experienced in application troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Knowledge of business continuity and/or disaster recovery for supported systems
- Experience in coordination with vendor on getting support for service requests
- Experienced in application design and configuration
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Understanding of change control management and production support processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
- Media related industry experience is a plus
- Experienced with Agile development practices is a plus
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top