HBO Senior Business Analyst
The Business Systems Project Management team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the project management of custom developed business solutions that drive HBO's Media Supply Chain. The team is also responsible for the oversight of services delivered to HBO by internal and external technology providers.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with exceptional communication and analytical skills, who is able to clearly present problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical teams. Candidates must be energetic, proactive and have the ability to think big picture and out-of-the-box. This person will report to HBO's Technology Service Delivery manager. The position will support IT infrastructure delivery in partnership with Time Warner's Enterprise Information Services group. This role will be based in HBO's New York office.
You'll be handling in-depth requirements gathering and conducting analysis of current and future state workflows. You'll also be supporting the team in functional design, testing, implementation, and rollout.
- Collect requirements from application teams in support of Infrastructure project efforts
- Prioritize ongoing infrastructure project efforts and communicate status of book of work
- Create, manage, publish and maintain a master calendar for overall project delivery coordination
- Review and document current service delivery processes with a focus on incident management, change management
- Develop key performance indicators and reporting for service delivery efforts
- Track major incidents and oversee the implementation corrective measures
- Improve patch management, configuration management, and change management processes
- Analyze service performance trends and regularly report on service delivery health to senior management
- Work with clients to prioritize business requirements and assess the impact of changes on existing systems and workflows.
- Support project team through all iterations of technical elaboration and development.
- Support User Acceptance testing for all System releases.
- Preparation of documentation and training clients on application usage.
- Develop knowledge of and adherence to the HBO software development life cycle.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual who has a passion for project management work and is excited about partnering with the business to understand and strategize on current and future systems needs. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of setting clear expectations, prioritizing critical activities, and following up with all stakeholders until project completion.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst supporting project teams in the definition and delivery of business-critical systems.
- Expertise in eliciting and documenting business requirements through use cases and other means.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint or similar tools.
- As HBO is a 24/7/365 business, occasional off-hours support may be needed.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience working with QA and application development teams.
- Experience with iterative and agile software development life cycle methodologies.
- Media Industry experience preferred.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top