HBO Senior Business Analyst
This is a position for a Sr. Business Analyst with a technical background and very strong analytical skills, reporting into an Application Development organization. Candidate will be a business liaison between HBO business departments and IT, and will be given some project management responsibilities. The Sr. Business Analyst will forge strong working relationships between HBO business clients and technology teams in support of strategic planning, scheduling, and distribution for existing and emerging broadcast and digital platforms. Responsibilities will include leading discussions regarding business processes, requirements, and technical analysis, synthesis of those analyses into viable solutions, and driving their implementation. Candidates must be energetic and willing to adapt to rapidly evolving environments and approaches.
- Work with business stakeholders, system and solution architects, engineers, and management to identify, document, prioritize, and implement requirements for new software and incremental enhancements of existing software.
- Act as a product owner with responsibility for product planning and control.
- Gather detailed business requirements and develop use cases.
- Manage cross-functional communication between the development and QA teams, and establish goals and milestones that align with requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the end-user community to develop long-term roadmaps and product plans.
- Develop approaches for testing software features prior to release.
- Oversee and provide support for User Acceptance Testing.
- Thoroughly understand the technology within the application space as it relates to the software in use and under development.
- Communicate product status on a regular basis to technology and business management teams with a focus on risk mitigation, issue tracking, budget maintenance, and overall transparency.
- 4+ years experience in a Business Analyst or related role: Experience gathering business requirements and assessing impact on current application landscape in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience breaking down requirements and features into user stories.
- Ability to define project scope and technical specifications, facilitate the collection of technical, operational or business requirements, and set milestones to successful completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiation, problem resolution, and customer support.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, skills including the ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to balance business and technical requirements to produce product plans and estimates.
- Strong organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of corporate software development, and familiarity with client, server, database, and reporting solutions.
- Ability to represent IT to client communities.
- Ability to handle changes in business requirements and set priorities across multiple efforts.
- Negotiation skills to work with clients and IT to determine what features the development team will deliver, given constraints of staff, time, and quality.
- Working knowledge of SQL and XML.
- Demonstrated capability to create, maintain, and manage product backlogs and software roadmaps.
- Hands-on experience with Agile software development and management.
- Experience with agile program management and agile delivery tools like VersionOne, JIRA GreenHopper, and/or Rally.
- Media industry experience would be a plus.
- Expertise in office productivity software.
- Bachelor's Degree
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top