HBO Sales Development Ambassador
The Sales Development Ambassador (SDA) position is responsible for Point-of-Sale activity that maximizes HBO and Cinemax revenue and subscriber growth via transactional sales and retention tactics for multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs). Responsibilities include building and leveraging in person relationships with our Distributors to improve sales performance using consultative selling techniques, excellent communication and presentation skills and incentive development. The SDA serves as a Brand Ambassador by visiting MVPD call centers, as well as other targeted sales channels, and conducting innovative and impactful trainings and incentives that drive increased HBO/Cinemax product knowledge and sales performance. The SDA position functions autonomously within a team environment with oversight by Account Team leadership. This position requires extensive travel to assigned territories, meetings and events estimated at a minimum of 80%.
- Serve as Brand Ambassador by educating and incenting Distributor customer contact personnel and management to positively impact HBO and Cinemax sales and revenue
- Develop, execute and evaluate Point-of-Sale strategies that support the goals and objectives of HBO and the Distributor
- Customize innovative and impactful training solutions that drive increased HBO/Cinemax product knowledge and sales performance
- Establish, cultivate, and leverage relationships with multiple Point-of-Sale channels, both physical and virtual (Call Centers, Direct Sales, Field Services, Retail, etc.)
- Manage HBO and Cinemax brand presence and collateral at assigned sales channels
- Analyze and formulate resource allocation recommendations based on business needs and return on investment, including developing and managing a Point-of-Sale budget
- In conjunction with Account Team Leadership, continually assess HBO and Cinemax subscriber performance
- Accountable for development, management, fulfillment and hosting of corporate special events and incentives
- Effectively and efficiently communicate and collaborate with internal cross functional departments (Point of Sale Strategy and Education, Marketing, PR, and Sales Planning) as well as with the Distributor
- Continually acquire an understanding of emerging technologies that impact HBO and Distributor business models
- Experience with adult learning techniques and customization of sales training programs, as well as familiarity with new media and emerging technologies
- A proven collaborator who can problem solve, share best practices, and be comfortable adding value by contributing fresh ideas to meet business needs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; high level of comfort presenting in a variety of environments (formal, informal, large, small).
- Self-starter; accountable and empowered
- Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver, ability to think on the fly to accomplish business goals
- Ability to create and adapt interactive and engaging sales solutions
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years business and budget management experience
- Proficient software and hardware knowledge required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media applications and mobile/streaming devices
- Valid Driver's License, ability to rent cars, and high level of comfort driving
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top