HBO QA Engineer/SDET
What our department does:
We develop, host, test and support HBOGo and MaxGO, as well as other digital applications and web sites that deliver HBO’s content to the masses.
What you’ll do:
The QA Engineer/SDET is responsible for ensuring the stability of the software release enhancements across all HBO digital products including HBOGO and MaxGO. You will partner with software developers within an agile environment to instrument and automate testing of new software services and platforms. This resource will cross-collaborate with multiple teams to understand the agreed upon functionality, how the functionality will work, and how to develop and execute tests to ensure the quality of releases.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years’ of proven experience developing automated frameworks and executing automated tests, which will include Test Plans and Test Cases
- Minimum 3 years’ experience integrating automated test suites with software builds to support Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment delivery of code to production
- Deliver high quality, low to zero defect releases
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Experience with Black and White-box testing
- Previous experience within a web or application technologies environment for fast paced delivery of streaming content, preferably in the media space
- Strong knowledge of smoke testing, regression testing, test case creation, and applying automation testing to improve the delivery of the team
Tools we like:
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top