HBO Project Manager (Media Technology)
The Media Technology Project Manager will lead concurrent strategic initiatives focused on partner technology integration, media supply chain, and product enhancements specific to HBO content delivery across all affiliates. In addition to excelling at traditional project management – including requirements gathering, scope definition, and tracking/reporting progress – the successful candidate will be a self-driven problem solver, capable of becoming a deep subject matter expert across a wide array of information systems both within HBO as well as across the partner platform landscape.
Topnotch communication and relationship building skills are core requirements, along with the ability to independently maneuver ambiguous asks into crisply defined, actionable items.
- Develop deep subject matter expertise across all HBO media workflows and information systems.
- Ability to generate solutions based on research, analysis and expertise, navigating through complex business challenges.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders both within and outside the company.
- Create, maintain and ensure project artifacts are accessible to all key team members. (e.g. project plans, workflows, timelines, meeting agendas, summaries, etc.)
- Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
- Cultivate business relationships internally and externally and help maintain department as "go to" resource for information and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a project manager or product manager.
- Ability to accomplish goals by managing individuals across multiple organizations to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Very strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
- Skilled in quickly connecting with and influencing people.
- Adept in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and managing several projects at once.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top