HBO Project Manager (Digital Supply Chain)
The Media Technology Project Manager will lead multiple concurrent strategic initiatives focused on improving and expanding HBO's media supply chain. In addition to exceling at traditional project management tasks – including gathering requirements, defining scope, tracking progress and reporting status – the successful candidate will cultivate relationships and partner effectively across the Technology organization to foster proactive collaboration.
By demonstrating topnotch verbal and written communication skills, while developing deep subject matter expertise for HBO media workflows, the PM will lead teams comprised of diverse stakeholders in solving complex business problems on time and on budget.
- Develop deep subject matter expert on HBO media workflows.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Create, maintain and ensure project artifacts are accessible to all key team members. (e.g. project plans, workflows, timelines, meeting agendas, summaries, etc.)
- Research, analyze, and identify the "art of the possible" to business problems that will meet the needs of project sponsor/management.
- Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
- Cultivate business relationships internally and externally and help maintain department as "go to" resource for information and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a project manager or product manager.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals by managing individuals across multiple organizations to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Very strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
- Skilled in quickly connecting with and influencing people.
- Adept in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and managing several projects at once.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top