HBO Project Manager (App Development)
HBO is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee and deliver an ongoing portfolio of projects centering on asset management workflows, content distribution, and business system integration for strategic and tactical projects within HBO.
- Work with business stakeholders, system and solution architects, engineers, and management to identify, document, prioritize, and build requirements for new systems and incremental functionality of existing systems.
- Create and maintain high-level system architecture and workflow diagrams to support roadmap plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the end-user community to develop long term roadmaps and program plans that span functional areas and technical systems.
- Develop testing approaches for mission critical systems when new functionality is being released.
- Manage development lifecycle that includes resources from remote locations including offshore.
- Thoroughly understand the technology within the application space as it relates to the programs under development.
- Communicate program status on a regular basis to technology and business management teams with a focus on risk mitigation, issue tracking, budget maintenance, and overall transparency.
- Minimum of four-six years of technology program and project management, software engineering leadership or business analysis experience in a dynamic technology department or company.
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple programs simultaneously with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams.
- Demonstrated capability at creating, maintaining and managing product backlogs and system roadmaps.
- Experience writing Business Requirements and breaking down individual requirements and features into user stories.
- Experience with agile program management and agile delivery tools like VersionOne, Jira / Green Hopper, and/or Rally Software.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics or commensurate work experience.
- Experience in a media or broadcast company preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Agile software development and project management.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top