HBO Project Manager (Agile/CSM)
The Media Technology Project Manager will manage a portfolio of projects for software engineering teams within HBO's media supply chain. The diverse set of projects will cover topics such as digital media workflows in support of HBO's acquisition, evaluation and management of assets.
This role will drive prioritization of projects and manage execution by employing agile methodologies. The successful candidate will cultivate relationships and partner effectively across the organization to foster proactive collaboration across various cross functional teams within the department including shared infrastructure and networking resources.
By demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills and developing a deep subject matter expertise for HBO's media workflows, the PM will lead teams comprised of diverse stakeholders in solving complex business problems within constraints.
- Prioritize goals into a roadmap for future releases
- Run Scrum methodology related meetings like Sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Discover and articulate requirements and dependencies on external development teams.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Create, maintain and ensure project artifacts are accessible to all key team members. (e.g. project plans, workflows, timelines, meeting agendas, summaries, etc.)
- Partner with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur
- Cultivate business relationships internally and externally and help maintain department as "go to" resource for information and expertise
- Employ collaborative negotiation techniques to preserve sprint scope
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a project/program manager on multiple technical projects in an Agile development environment.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills a must
- Skilled in quickly establishing strong relationships across the organization and influencing skills
- Adept in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and managing several projects at a time
- Experience managing projects for Java, cloud computing and similar technologies
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Software development experience is a plus
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top