HBO Project Manager
This is a position for an IT Project Manager with a technical background and very strong analytical skills, reporting into an Application Development organization. Candidate will be a business liaison between HBO business departments and IT. The Project Manager will forge strong working relationships between HBO business clients and technology teams in support of strategic planning, scheduling, and distribution for existing and emerging broadcast and digital platforms. Responsibilities will include process, business, and technical analysis, and synthesis of those analyses into viable solutions and leading their implementation. Candidates must be energetic and willing to adapt to rapidly evolving environments and approaches.
- Serving as IT Liaison to business areas for IT commitments that fall within overall product initiative.
- Working with business stakeholders, system and solution architects, engineers, and management to identify, document, prioritize, and implement requirements for new software and incremental enhancements of existing software.
- Acting as project manager of software development with responsibility for product planning and control.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the end-user community to develop long-term roadmaps and product plans
- Developing testing approaches for features within software releases
- Overseeing and providing support for User Acceptance Testing
- Thoroughly understanding the technology within the application space as it relates to the software under development.
- Communicating product status on a regular basis to technology and business management teams with a focus on risk mitigation, issue tracking, budget maintenance, and overall transparency.
- 4+ years leading complex enterprise development in the application development space.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to weigh business and technical requirements to produce product plans and estimates.
- Strong organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of corporate software development; familiarity with client, server, database, and reporting solutions.
- Ability to represent IT to client communities.
- Ability to handle changes in business requirements and set priorities across multiple efforts.
- Negotiation skills to work with business and IT to determine what features the development team will deliver, given constraints of staff, time, and quality
- Working knowledge of SQL and XML.
- Demonstrated capability at creating, maintaining, and managing product backlogs and software roadmaps.
- Experience writing Business Requirements and breaking down individual requirements and features into user stories.
- Hands-on experience with Agile software development and management.
- Experience with agile program management and agile delivery tools like VersionOne, JIRA / Green Hopper, and/or Rally Software.
- Media-related industry experience would be a plus.
- Expertise with office productivity software.
- Bachelor's Degree
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top