HBO Production Manager
The HBO Home Entertainment (HBO HE) Production team is responsible for ensuring that all HE products, physical and digital, are produced to deliver on time and on budget at the highest level of quality and innovation. The Production Manager is responsible for managing production schedules for assigned titles/releases that track the full production cycle, including content acquisition, delivery, encoding, authoring, quality control and release in the consumer market. The Production Manager must establish and maintain strong working relationships with groups internal and external to HBO, including content producers, production vendors, and creative agencies. Additionally, the Manager will support the Director, Worldwide Production with DVD/BD and EST product rollout logistics and strategies to support the overall business objectives of the HBO HE department. Lastly, the Manager must be flexible and adapt to changing roles and responsibilities in a constantly evolving industry.
- Liaise with HBO HE Product Management and Operations teams to develop production schedules/strategies to meet business needs
- Work with HBO Post Production and Post Delivery teams, Creative Services, Media Servicing Operations and other HBO departments to ensure timely and efficient delivery of all assets, metadata and images for encoding, authoring, packaging and delivery
- Manage content and assets across all HE distribution formats/platforms and explore and exploit efficient uses of this content
- Manage and oversee HBO HE's authoring vendors to ensure all projects are carried out and completed in a timely fashion
- Manage and oversee production budgets including vendor payment, budget tracking and reporting
- Develop Enhanced Content and Advanced Programming Features along with Product Management and creative agencies and authoring/programming partners
- Record and produce audio commentaries
- Oversee the Quality Control and approval of all DVD-Rs, BD-Rs and Replica Sample Products in collaboration with Media Servicing Operations
- Support Director and VP, WW Production with new technology research and reporting
- Manage additional ad hoc projects as needed
- College degree required
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in the media and entertainment industry
- Firm grasp of Home Entertainment business environment including DVD/Blu-ray production as well as digital acquisition and distribution technology
- Working knowledge of current audio and video compression codecs and post production workflows • Ability to develop and adapt to new workflows and requirements in an evolving industry
- Strong knowledge of the latest consumer electronics hardware/devices a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time is critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Avid Experience, Post Audio, Digital Graphics (Photoshop, After Effects) a plus
- Past DVD/BD and EST experience a plus
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top