HBO Production Associate (Fixed Term)
Production Associate will be responsible for assisting in all production phases of sports-oriented news magazine show. She/he will report to Segment Producer. The Production Associate on each story is responsible for helping the segment producer in most aspects of the production, including but not limited to, story research, logistical planning and preparation for field shoots, scheduling, sourcing of archival material, pre-interviewing, casting, logging of footage, shooting of supplemental footage if necessary, supervision of field shoots if necessary, and more.
- Pitch and develop stories.
- Research stories.
- Assist in all phases of field shooting.
- Oversee logistics planning for shoots, travel, etc.
- Produce accurate and useful media logs.
- Perform Avid bin and media management.
- Organize tapes, research, edits and travel logistics.
- Thoroughly and effectively complete production assignments on schedule and within budget.
- Some experience in TV pre- and post-production preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in preparation for shows and edits.
- Prior experience pitching quality story ideas to producers.
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously, keeping up in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be responsible and organized with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to juggle complex schedules with a demonstrated eagerness to learn.
- Must be a sports enthusiast
About Us It’s HBOSM
America’s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
See Inside the Office of HBO
Launched in 1972, HBO has become a critically acclaimed innovator, ratings record-breaker and multiple Golden Globe winner in the cable television industry. The company offers 24-hour pay television services of its exclusive productions—including original movies, series, comedy, documentaries, family shows, and world-class sporting events—to its dedicated following of 46 million subscribers in the U.S. and in 50 countries around the globe.
Back to top